Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm going on safari!

http://www.marcscamp.com/


I am flying to Johannesburg tomorrow to go on Safari. I can't even believe I'm typing this. It's kind of like one of those things that you think you'll never get to do, not in a million years. And here I am doing it. The only thing that sucks is that I have to go alone. I invited all of my new friends but everyone is busy during the week.
So I leave early Tuesday morning, and I come back on Friday night. I am going to stay in a treehouse. Yes that is correct. Please visit the website above because I can't figure out how to copy and paste the photo.

I have no idea if I will be able to get online at this treehouse (probably not) so I will be out of touch for the next four days.

Yesterday we went to the beach and layed in the sun. They are just starting their summer here so it is intermittently warm and then cold. So far it's been sweaters and jeans but yesterday it was bikinis and books on the beach. Also I got to ride in a really nice BMW car going very fast up the mountain yesterday. That was fun.

So today I'm just hanging out at Armin and Suzy Schwartztrauber's house. They are at work and I am on their computer. I have laundry in the machine and I'm nervously passing by the hugest spider I have ever seen in my 31 years. It is the size of your palm with legs included, and the body is like the size of a walnut. I'm so grossed out. All I can think of is how it would feel between my teeth if I bit it. And last night I couldn't sleep at all because that dumb spider was crawling all over me in my bed (in my head).
So -- I'm telling you nobody around here uses a dryer. Everybody hangs out their clothes. I'm so inspired to implement that at my house, but all I can get myself to do is like one load a couple times a month. But maybe if I just unplug the thing I will remember. I think it's just laziness. But imagine if everybody would just hang their clothes up to dry how much energy we could save! And it smells SO good.



But then I'm kind of scared that that spider will find her way into the crotch of a pair of my underwear hanging up to dry. yuck. I suppose they have spiders in treehouse lodges. What the heck am I doing?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...